Covehithe & North Warren, 10 March 2018

I'd planned a day out with Belinda today so it was no dashing up to the North Norfolk Coast for me. That will have to wait until tomorrow ;-)

Instead we went for a walk at Covehithe where the cliff and tree damage from winter ravages was much in evidence. Birdwise there were 6 Avocets on Benacre Broad plus a calling Kingfisher and a Marsh Harrier but nothing else of interest. On the walk back however a 1w Glaucous Gull flew south along the clifftop giving really close views as I looked over my shoulder at just the time if flew past me.  An albino Common Pheasant was near Frostenden as we cut though the lanes.

Later in the afternoon while visiting Aldeburgh I popped in to a soggy North Warren where 3 Spoonbills dropped in quite close to the hide after about 5 minutes and began feeding. One was tagged on both legs (yellow and green rings). c6 Little Egrets and c80 Barnacle Geese were also about in the very brief look I had.

A Barn Owl was perched on a post by the road in the usual spot at Starston on the way home.

Yearlist = 155  

No comments:

Post a Comment