'Lilypad Pit', Weybread GPs, 24 & 25 August 2016

An after work pop to Weybread on a hunch that the Lilypad Pit may hold something interesting. Back in the early summer I had a few Red-eyed Damselflies there and sure enough this time I found Small Red-eyed Damselflies. And not just a few, c120 was a fairly conservative estimate with every bit of surface vegetation holding some! A single Willow Emerald was also a nice find on a bramble hedge and I also had Common Blue Damselflies, Brown Hawker, Small Copper, Brown Argus, Common Blue, Small Tortoiseshell, Small White and a Green Woodpecker.
I returned today with my camera to get these pics and added Kingfisher, Emperor Dragonfly, Common Darters, Holly Blue, Blackcap and a few Blue-tailed Damselflies including a nice pale green 'infuscans' female


Small Red-eyed Damsefly

Willow Emerald

 Brown Hawker, female ovipositing

Common Blue

Common Darter, teneral female



No comments:

Post a Comment