Great Knot - best ever views!

After playing things a bit casual and not going last night (cos I was knackered!) I waited until after the football (England 2-1 Wales) had finished before heading up to Titchwell.

Luckily the summer plumaged Great Knot was on the freshwater lagoon on my arrival and I was able to enjoy some lovely views of this stunner in a large flock of Knot. This was my 3rd in the UK after the Teeside and Breydon birds and the views I got were by far the best. After about 30 minutes it got up and flew towards the beach with a small group of Knot and having had my fill I didn't pursue it!

Also on the freshmarsh were loads of Black-tailed Godwits and Bar-tailed Godwits, 2 Little Ringed Plovers, plenty of Avocets with chicks, Dunlins, Little Tern and 2 Common Terns while 3 Cetti's Warblers were singing long the path.

At Choseley on the way back through I had Corn Bunting, Stock Dove, 2 Grey Partridges, Common Buzzard and Barn Owl.       

No comments:

Post a Comment