Bowthorpe Marsh Egrets, 27 January 2016

With a little time before an opticians appointment today I popped in to Bowthorpe Marsh on the west side of Norwich this morning. Initially it looked like the Great White Egret was missing so I donned my boots and went for a splosh across the marsh. The bird was found tucked away in a corner c300 yards west of Colney Church, presumably keeping a low profile due to the dog walkers that use the place every day! It gave some nice views and also flew up and down a couple of times. 3 Little Egrets were also about and a couple of fly-over Siskins was about it.




2 comments:

  1. We are running an article about this in the Cringleford Parish magazine. Could we possibly use one of your photos please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter, you are very welcome to use a photo. If I could just aak that you credit me by the photo or within your article. I'd be very interested in reading the finsished article if you could send/email me a copy?

    ReplyDelete